Here I stand on the steps that I have stood on so many times before throughout my life. I was never six months pregnant (that may have been the LAST time on my household steps!), but i was in Halloween costumes, prom dresses and playing games.
This past weekend, I went to California to help my parents get things packed up as they leave the only true home they've known in their adult life. They bought this home in 1972 and after 39 years, are retiring to Texas.
With the average family moving every five to seven years, it's quite a surprise to see a family be in a home this long.
I have so many thoughts in my mind after leaving my childhood home for the last time on Monday and here are a few of them:
- Will my husband and I be in our home as long as my parents were?
- How did I grow up in an 1800 sf house?
- Will I be jealous of the next family who buys this house?
- What exactly is "home" now?
- Where will I stay when I go out to California?